Emergency Services

Preparing for Brush Fires

  • Sign Up for Fire Alerts
  • Ready, Set, Go!
    Ready, Set, Go is an important program designed to help you and your family stay safe and prepare for the next brush fire.
  • Brush Clearance Plan
    The canyons of Los Angeles are always a challenge in terms of fire safety. In addition to brushy hillsides, there are multiple types of fire hazards that exist because of ornamental vegetation. Visit the above link to learn more about brush hazards and clearance requirements.
  • Family Escape Plan
    Do you know how to escape from your home during a fire or other emergency? Creating a family plan is one of the most important things you can do.
  • Register your Animals
    If you are a horse owner, or owner of a large animal, it is especially important to register your animal. Registration will help reunite you with your animal If you are separated from them in the event of an emergency,

Resources for Residents Post-Brush Fire

  • Report Fire Damage (to LA County 2-1-1)
    Report fire damage by calling 2-1-1 or online at https://211la.org/fire. This information helps the County of Los Angeles determine the extent of the damage and the level of State and Federal assistance needed. If calling from outside the County dial (800) 339-6993. LA County 2-1-1 is able to provide service in 240 languages, For deaf or hard of hearing residents, dial 800-660-4026 (or 7-1-1).
  • How to Clean Up After a Brush Fire
    The Los Angeles County Interim Health Officer advises all individuals to take precautions during clean-up following a fire. Ash, soot, dust, and other airborne particles may have been deposited inside and outside of homes and businesses. While ash from wildfires is relatively non-toxic and similar to ash that may be found in a home fireplace, it may be irritating to the skin, nose, and throat. Exposure to ash in the air might trigger asthmatic attacks in people who already have asthma.

If your City Service Request has not been completed in a timely manner, please contact our office with your Service Request Number so we can follow up with the Departments.